Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Groupthink"



Erykah Badu makes a statement against "groupthink" in her new song "window seat". The singer explains that "groupthink" is an "unwritten rule" that "i will not express my true opinion if it opposes those i love and fear."
So basically she encourages her audiences to liberate their souls and minds and express their opinions.
Personally, I like the song and I think she has a point but do we did all of this visual to get that point? That's the first question I thought of when I saw the video. Also I think there is a reason why society adheres to certain social norms so we can coexist. Are we really free to express our opinions even if it goes against the grain, against the people we love or express the unpopular opinion?

You can read more about how the video was shot at http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-erykah-badu-naked-downtown-dealey-jfk-story,0,3145095.htmlstory

No comments:

Post a Comment