Thursday, April 29, 2010

Toyota Is...

That's right. You guessed it... recalling more vehicles!

Now, Toyota has decided to recall 50,000 of their 2003 Toyota Sequoia SUVs because of their ability to 'move forward, a little too fast.' The "aggressive" control system used in these vehicles is what caused the car manufacturer to reclaim these vehicles, said Metro News.

Unfortunately, Toyota has been dealing with recalls for months and we are still seeing more and more vehicles recalled. Just recently, the dealer recalled some of their Lexus GX SUVs because of "failing stability controls."

I understand that these recalls are due to actual events where car control systems and accelerators have malfunctioned. However, with so many recalls, I have to sit here and wonder, are they being too cautious? I know what you're thinking, you want to be safe! And I get that. I'm just saying that with so many vehicles being recalled, are they taking into account the vehicles that have no flaws? I mean, they clearly want to make sure the public is aware of any problems with their cars, but I feel like these recalls are reaching a ridiculous level. I've said it before, that I'm definitely biased. My parents had their '87 Toyota Corolla for 14 years. However, I think this trend of recalls for Toyota is far past the realm of precautionary and heading into the Twilight Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment