Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emerson Responds to Water Break

In reflection of the whole Boston water break these past couple of days, I was looking at how Emerson responded in terms of crisis communication. I think they responded very well. Sunday morning I woke up to an e-mail from Emerson about the issue and what they were doing to make it easier for students living on campus. They had clean, boiled water in the dining halls until a certain time at night that students go get to. They had bottles of water being delivered to the school, they were not serving anything in the dining hall that first needed to be cleaned by water and they were informing students of what they needed to do: how long they needed to boil water for before using it. I even woke up this morning with an e-mail from Emerson informing me that the boil water order had been lifted. I heard this from Emerson before even reading the paper, I didn't even see it in the paper until this afternoon. Therefore I think in terms of crisis communication, a college responding to a city crisis and communicating information to it's students, Emerson responded really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment